Requirements for applicantsAPPLICANTS GRADUATING FROM HIGH SCHOOL:
- Must have been a member or volunteer of the FSBGC for a minimum of two years
- Applicants who are 18 years old or younger must have a current FSBGC membership card
- Must rank in top 60% of graduating class
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA and minimum 12 credit hour each semester
(implies previous recipient)
- Must have retained a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must carry at least 12 Credit Hours each semester
Deadline for submission
is 4:00 PM March 29, 2024
Important guidelinesIt is important that all applicants understand these guidelines:
- Scholarships are given based on:
- Financial need
- Club participation/volunteerism
- Academic achievement
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you’ll receive a scholarship
- You must include all requested materials, or your application will not be processed.
- First-time applicants (only) will be interviewed by the scholarship committee.
- Payment of scholarship is made during each semester to the school (not to individual).
The applications has eight required sections:
- Applicant Information
- Club Participation & Community Service Information
- Family Information of FAFSA Confirmation
- Financial Disclosure
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript
- Color Photograph
All applications are considered confidencial.
Once submitted, all applications become the property of the Fort Smith Boys & Girls Club.
ALL PAGES MUST BE COMPLETED & RETURNED
Submitting your application
Deadline 4:00 PM March 29, 2024
- You must include a recent color photo.
3½x5 inches or 4x6 inches.
- All forms must be filled out completely.
Any item which does not apply to you must have the words "NOT APPLICABLE".
- Missing or fraudulent information can be grounds for dismissal or rejection of the application.
Use the interactive PDF application form available here. Major portions of this form can be filled out before printing. Be sure to save your filled-in form before printing.
The application includes a "Frequently Asked Questions" coversheet and a list of current donors to the scholarship fund. These are for your information only, and do not need to be included in the application submission.