CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS
Originally opened in 1957, the Jeffrey Boys & Girls Club on North 'O' Street got the official start of a $3.1 million construction project to refurbish and expand the facility. Included is a state-of-the-art instruction center for STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math), new sports facilities, and air conditioning for the gymnasium.
The additional 3,00 square feet will add learning spaces, music and dance areas, an 'innovation lab', as well as improved administrative offices.
New to the facility will be two Futsal courts behind the building. Futsal uses smaller courts than soccer and is fenced - they can be used for multiple games including pickleball and basketball.
FSBGC has four facilities serving the river valley area: Evans, Goldtrap-Gardner, Jeffrey-Glidewell, and Stephens.
It is time for a major removation and update. The kids definitely deserve a better place to go on a daily basis.
4905 North 'O' Street Fort Smith, AR 72904
Dedicated in 1957, the Jeffrey Boys & Girls Club serves the north-east of the River Valley.
Jeffrey Club is located at the intersection of North 50th Street & North 'O' Street, just north of north University of Arkansas at Fort Smith campus.
From Grand Avenue turn north on North 50th Street, then turn west on North 'O' Street.
From Kelley Highway turn south on North 50th Street, then turn west on North 'O' Street.
The unit has one gymnasium, a large, open gameroom, computer room, and arts/crafts room. Outside is a large practice area for football, soccer, and baseball.