Requirements for applicantsAPPLICANTS GRADUATING FROM HIGH SCHOOL:
- Must have been a member or volunteer of the FSBGC for a minimum of two years
- Applicants who are 18 years old or younger must have a current FSBGC membership card
- Must rank in top 60% of graduating class
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
(implies previous recipient)
- Must have retained a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must carry at least 12 Credit Hours each semester
Important guidelinesIt is important that all applicants understand these guidelines:
- Scholarships are given based on:
- Financial need
- Club participation/volunteerism
- Academic achievement
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you’ll receive a scholarship
- You must include all requested materials, or your application will not be processed.
- First-time applicants (only) will be interviewed by the scholarship committee.
- Payment of scholarship is made during each semester to the school (not to individual).
The applications has 7 sections:
- Applicant information
- Family information
- Financial disclosure
- Academic information
- Club Participation & Community Service information
- Essay #1 - College & Career Plans
- Essay #2 - "Why I should be selected"
All applications are considered confidencial.
Once submitted, all applications become the property of the Fort Smith Boys & Girls Club.
ALL PAGES MUST BE COMPLETED & RETURNED
Submitting your application
SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED FROM JANUARY 6th, 2021 UNTIL APRIL 1st, 2022
Deadline for submission is
4:00 PM April 1, 2022
- You must include a recent color photo.
3½x5 inches or 4x6 inches.
- All forms must be filled out completely.
Any item which does not apply to you must have the words "NOT APPLICABLE".
- Missing or fraudulent information can be grounds for dismissal or rejection of the application.
ATTN: College Scholarship Application
- 4905 North 'O' Street
- Fort Smith, AR 72904
Download PDF application form
The application includes a "Frequently Asked Questions" coversheet and a list of current donars to the scholarship fund. These are for your information only, and do not need to be included in the application submission.