The Hunts Park property was purchased for $4,000 by members of the Fort Smith Boys Club board.
The Park was constructed through a gift of $10,000 by Leland Hunt in memory of his father R.T. Hunt. Mr. Stanley Evans led construction efforts, and the park was dedicated in 1947.
During the past 72 years, the facility has been owned and maintained by the Fort Smith Boys & Girls Club. It serves as home of FSBGC football, cheer and baseball.
It has been the site of Optimist Day Queens contest, FSBGC soccer, Optimist Club Christmas tree sales, Spring Break activities and special events. Since 1989, it has been the home field of Northside High School baseball.